We are the premiere resource website for kayaking in the Western Carolina and surrounding (SC, TN, GA) areas! Our site has many features to help you enjoy the sport of kayaking.
As avid paddlers ourselves, we went through the tedious process of gathering information on places to paddle, finding resources for skills development and certification, and researching the what – how – where related to using and purchasing boats and paddle gear. We realized that it would be a good service to the paddling community to create a comprehensive website that contains all of the resources we discovered in one place; so that paddlers could spend more time on the water and less time browsing the internet looking for information! Our site either contains the information within its pages, post and articles, or provides active links to other complimentary sites.
Here is a description of some of the features on our site that you will find useful:
- Articles: On our article page you will find information on various topics related to kayaking. As a blog based site members are able to contribute articles and comment on post.
- Destinations: Our site includes a list of lakes and rivers in our area with descriptions, pictures, directions, and information regarding put ins take outs and boat ramps.
- Interactive Maps: Along with destination information we also have interactive maps which will help you navigate to your destination from your doorstep.
- Instruction and Certification: Advance your skill level and/or become a certified instructor to help other paddlers.
- Resources: Find information and resources through publications and other paddling websites. Join local paddling groups and clubs.
- Forums and Classifieds: Express your views or ask questions to the paddling community. Post items for sale or find good deals on boats and gear.
- Social Networking: Find paddling partners and friends who you can communicate directly with through our “Members” link.
- Event/Calendar: Join our meetup group to get email notifications for group paddles, and view our interactive calendar for a list of paddling and related events.
Thank you for your support!